- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1Place egg whites into a small mixing bowl. Add cream of tartar. Using the whip attachment start mixing on high while slowly adding the sugar. Mix until soft peaks form.
- 2Meanwhile grease or spray pie tin.
- 3Place meringue into tin and swirl once around the center with a spoon so meringue rises along the edges.
- 4Bake for 60 minutes – Cool completely before filling.
Pie Filling Ingredients
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/3 C. Lemon Juice
- 5In a small saucepan or double boiler combine egg yolks and sugar. Mix well.
- 6Add lemon juice & mix until sugar is dissolved.
- 7Place on burner over low heat stirring until thick.
- 8Remove from heat and cool completely.
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 9Whip Cream with sugar. Fold lemon mixture into 1/2 of the whipped cream. Place in cooled meringue crust.
- 10Top with remaing whipped cream.
- 11Freeze Pie for 24 hours.
- 12To serve: Thaw pie in refrigerator & Enjoy!
- 13Double this recipe to make a 9×13 dessert!
Ingredients 3/4 C. Milk 1 1/4 C. Apple Juice 1/4 C. Honey 3 TBSP. Yeast 2 TBSP. Molasses...Continue Reading
Have Ready: 1 10″ Pie Crust Placed in Pan & Crimped. Pie Filling Ingredients 5 C. Baking Apples...Continue Reading
Ingredients 1 LB. Ground Beef 1/2 LB. Italian Sausage 1/4 C. Honey 2 Eggs 1/4 C. Heavy Cream...Continue Reading